Tera project continues and patch 17.29.03 released
While its been a week since I’ve last posted anything that doesn’t mean that I’m done with this blogging endeavor. Instead I’ve found my summer to be filled with a lot of business that I wasn’t expected. What I had hoped for was the free time to play Tera and be level 60 by now. Instead I’m now level 42 and still truly enjoying Tera.
What has kept me busy is having the summer off from work and spending that free time with my youngest son, who also has the summer off. While our oldest son is busy trying to establish his independence from us my wife is busy with an intense work project that she has to have completed prior to our Italy vacation later this month. To me that family time is much more important especially spending time with my youngest son, which is far more rewarding. That being said, let me share in brief some thoughts on Tera.
Path 17.29.03 was recently released. Let me summarize my thoughts on what has changed.
- Character transfer level requirement has been changed from 5 to level 10 with a 24-hour cool down is in place; also the amount of gold allowed to transfer was lowered from 100,000 to 30,000.
- I am not entirely sure why this would be implemented but I’m guessing that some players may have found some way to exploit the game with the previous less stringent transfer rules. Does it have to do with the recent Vanarch election process? I don’t know for certain and some brief google searches didn’t find a sufficient reason why this was included.
- Changed daily quest reset time from 7 p.m. PDT to 8 a.m. PDT
- This makes sense to change dailies reset at a more convenient time other than peak player hours
- Reduced the number of players needed to create a new zone channel
- Since I’ve never created a new zone channel I’m not sure what the necessity of this change was but can guess that it just makes custom chat channels easier to generate
- Saved the best for last: Changed the timer that one can post messages to the Looking for Group channel to one message per minute
- I can see what they’re doing here. In the patch notes they included the snarky comment “Seriously, it’s not Barrens chat, people.”. For those who were not in vanilla WoW days this was a reference to the amount of chat that went on in the Barrens that if Obi Wan Kenobi had anything to say about Barrens chat it would be, “You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy”.
- It was a lot of fun to be a lurker and watch the LFG posts that the players in Tera posted. Occasionally I’d chip in what I felt were helpful messages but would for the most part stay away. Now that there’s a 1 minute timer on the LFG channel it has changed the chat, but not much. What EME should to is up that timer to 2 minutes on all channels but include a global or out of character channel without that restriction so that the players who enjoy that social aspect of the game can chat there, and those who don’t want to participate can stay out of them.